Media and Entertainment
The Media & Entertainment Practice Group is a regional group of lawyers that seeks to assist media companies, independent creatives, and practitioners of the arts in identifying and enforcing their legal rights and liabilities vis-à-vis the creative works they create, produce or perform, and also on matters relating to the subsequent commercialisation and exploitation of their creative works and artistic rights.
Our lawyers in the Practice Group have acted as advisors in all aspects of the media and entertainment industries for Singaporean and international clients. These industries include film, television, advertising and marketing, technology and telecommunications, music and sports.
- Options for literary properties
- Acquisition of remake and subsequent production rights
- Development (including screenwriting and acquisition of underlying properties)
- Production and international co-productions
- Production services
- Financing (bank and equity investment)
- Music synchronisation licenses
- Audio recording
- Sales agency and distribution/exploitation of rights